Thursday, November 25, 2010

Muses fit for a Musing

It seems to me that I have a constantly revolving door of new muses. It includes everyone from video game characters to random fabulous women in the street. However, I do have a core set that I consistently go to for inspiration. It might be simply for their beauty, but more often than not, it's an intrinsically instinctual connection that I feel with the muse in question.

LADY GAGA


OMG I KNOW. "That's so cliched. She's so overdone. She's unoriginal. She sold out. Blah-blah-blahbbity-blah". I know what you're going to say. And I refute every little bit of that, there is NO ONE more inspiring to me than Lady Gaga. Not just her the person, or her the performer, but everything she stands for carries a great personal meaning to me.


FLORENCE WELCH


I don't know what it is with performers, but they always inspire me. Maybe it's because I come from a really strong theater and music background. I don't really know. I don't know why Florence inspires me the way she does. But everytime I look at her, visions of Grecian statues and perfect drapery dance through my head. Maybe it's her brutal honesty, maybe it's her imperfection, or maybe it's because she is just flawless.


DAPHNE GUINNESS

[Italian+Vogue+-+Daphne+G001+copy.jpg]

FIERCEST BITCH EVER. Like, ever. From a very young age, Daphne has been inspired by the armor collection amassed by her parents. As such, her wardrobe is largely influenced by that. She is so cultured, but so wacky and wonderful. While reading an interview with her, I was continually surprised by the answers she gave, not because they were shocking, but because they were so unexpectedly Daphne Guinness.


KARLIE KLOSS

karlie kloss pics

Of course, no designer is complete without his model muse. Models are meant to be perfect, but Karlie is not. Which I love. Yes, she tall thin and gorgeous, but her eyes come off too strong, and runway walk is quite sloping. But I love it. I love every second of it. I am transfixed by what she does to the camera. She's edgy, she's cool, but most importantly, she's versatile.


So, those are my main squeezes! Who are your muses?

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! :D I just might have to copy your idea for my next post ;)

    ReplyDelete