Sunday, January 23, 2011

McQueen Pre-Fall 2011

I know, I know.... ANOTHER McQueen post. But I love the label, so...... Deal with it!

Moving on, the Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2011 womenswear collection has just been released.Can I take back my post on my 3 favorite Pre-Fall looks and just show images of this collection? There was a very heavy dosage of utilitarian and military influence, but it was done in a cool and interesting way, ie: this officers jacket - cum - evening dress.


And, is it just me, or did the mens show and the womens show HEAVILY influence each other as well?



I'm really loving this new take on an obi (really really loose usage of the word, it's not even really an obi at all, or anything close to something like one. For lack of a better word, I shall call it an obi) style belt.


And the evening wear, it's very reminescent of some of the flower dresses from the McQueen archives (think Spring 2007)


Ah, McQueen.... What do you think of Sarah Burton's Pre-Fall collection?

1 comment:

  1. hated it.
    jk jk :P
    you need to find some other designers to love my dear!

    http://mugatuindustries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete